Friday, May 23, 2014

Would you rather...?

We have been learning to start our writing with a question. Our next step is to start and end our writing with a question. We have also been learning to use conjunctions or joining words. We know that joining words glue our ideas together. 


Check out what these clever authors wrote about animal adventures.....


Author Caitlin wrote:
Would you rather have a speedy leopard that can run as fast as a rocket ship or a super bouncy jaguar? I would rather have a super bouncy jaguar because I can bounce up and down on the trampoline with her. I can hop onto her back and hold onto her fluffy white fur when my leopard bounces us into space to the moon. We will find a huge hole in the moon and we will get our moon boards and click our feet into the straps then slip into the hole.

Author Riley wrote:
Would you rather have a fluffy black puppy or a fluffy ginger kitten? I would like a fluffy ginger kitten because they purr like this purrrrrrrrrrrrrr and they make adorable faces at people. Their fur feels like a lion’s mane. Their eyes sparkle in the bright sun. If my fluffy ginger kitten was enormous with little steps then I would be able to climb to the tippy top. We would go to America, the hottest place in the universe. We could dance and drink fizzy all day and Ginger could drink milk all day too. We could paint pictures together.

Author Balin wrote:

Would you rather have a bouncy kangaroo or a cheeky monkey? I would rather a cheeky monkey because when my dad goes to work my monkey will put a bucket of water on the top of the door and when Dad shuts the door the water will fall on him. I would be in a basketball team with my monkey. He would swing on the hoop to take lots of slam dunks so we could win the finals of the NBA. At the end the cameras would flash at me and I would be on TV.


1 comment:

  1. WOW what great imaginations! Top Story Balin, I like how you think just as long as Daddy gets the bucket of water trick and not Mum ok!

    ReplyDelete