Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Redwoods Adventure Stories

We have been writing about our adventures in the Redwood forest.



Check out what these clever authors wrote......

Author Rebekah wrote:
When we went to school before the trip I made some sandwiches. I had butter and marmite and sprinkled cheese. Then we had to cut it in half and wrap it in a piece of paper. We got our bags ready and walked out to the bus. When we got on the bus I sat in the seats. When we left, in my heart  I was feeling really excited. When we got there we had to wait for the adults because the adults drove to a different car park. We found a map holder, we got to take a map so we could find our way through the Redwoods. I heard little fantails fluttering their little wings in a bushy tree. I saw giant trees surrounding me and I thought that I was shrinking. When I felt the leaves they made a crunchy noise. I smelt dog poo from someone standing in it!

Author Ethan wrote:
We climbed over two fences and we walked down a track. At the Redwoods we made some huts. We had lunch in the hut. We made it with sticks. It was fun in the huts. I saw a little river in the middle of the Redwoods. It was going through a fence. I didn't know where it was going.

Author Riley wrote:
I saw red branches. They were like red lava. I felt soft leaves. They felt silky and squishy. I heard chirp chirp in the giant trees. There were fantails. They were very very noisy and they hurt my ears. I saw people stomping all over the place. When people stomped there was sticky icky mud. When we got up to the Redwoods I smelt fiery smoke.


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of words describing how you were feeling Rebekah....You really showed us what a good time you had....Keep up the good work...luv DAD..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!!what amazing authors Rm14 have...great stories and awesome describing words. I can really visualise being there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very lucky room 14,lots of other people would love to go to the redwoods. By Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet it was so much fun being in the redwoods I hope you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow did you go to the red woods

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are very big i went there in the weekend they are very strong and native whaia te iti kahurangi

    ReplyDelete