Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Room 14 Poets

We are learning to be clever writers. Clever writers share their ideas in different ways. We have been working on sharing our ideas through poetry.

Writing poems is pretty tricky because the rules change
  • Full stops don't go in the same places as stories
  • Sentences can start with the same words over and over again
  • Poems can start and end in funny ways like with our first and last names
Check out what these clever authors wrote:

Author Charlie wrote:

        Charlie
Sporty, friendly, strong, speedy
Son of Kelly and Neil
I love Mum, Dad, Nana and Poppa
I fear the dark
I am proud of my maths
I would love to go to Sea World in Australia
I live in Taradale
          Frewin

Author Janice wrote:

        Janice
Happy, nice, clever, friendly
Daughter of Shao Yan
I love my little baby sister
I fear spiders
I am proud of being a clever reader
I would love to go to the beach
I live in Hastings
          Xu

Author Jasmine wrote:

         Jasmine
Clumsy, annoying, creative, funny
Daughter of Tracey and Richard
I love Mum and Dad
I fear the dark and cockroaches
I am proud of being a good friend
I would love to go to Australia
I live in Hastings
          Entwhistle

Author Gwen wrote:

          Gwen
Caring, funny, cheeky, strong
Daughter of Stevie and Curtis
I love my Dad, Curtis
I fear mummies and white tail spiders
I am proud that I am part of Room 14
I would love to go to Wellington
I live in Hastings
          Miller





2 comments: