Thursday, March 20, 2014

Magical Beanstalk Adventures

This week in Room 14 we have been reading different versions
of Jack And The Beanstalk. After reading the stories we wanted to write our own magic beanstalk adventures. We have our very own magic beans growing in our classroom too.

Check out what these clever authors wrote;

Author Dom wrote:
In the middle of the night I looked out my window and saw a magical beanstalk growing up to the clouds. I started to climb up the thick beanstalk.  I saw a humongous tower made of shiny golden bricks. I smelled sausages.  I heard a humongous voice shouting 'FE FI FO FUM I smell the blood of a Parkvale boy.' I ran as fast as my dad's motorbike. I slid down the beanstalk and ran back to my bedroom. I was safe.

Author Cushla wrote:

I looked out of my window, "Wow!" I said. There was a humongous beanstalk right in front of my eyes. I stretched through my window and I screamed at it. I thought it would wrap around me. Then I rushed out my window into a magic beanstalk world and I found myself on a fluffy cloud. I saw chickens laying fluff ball eggs. They went in the castle and I went with them. The beanstalk disappeared and then I heard FE FI FO FUM I smell the blood of an English girl. I fled right behind a teapot. I said, "It has yucky water in it." I thought I would never ever go in there again and then I thought I heard the giant say, "Get my golden eggs from my chicken." Then he fell asleep and I grabbed the chicken and scuttled away. I showed my mum. She was proud of me. I decided to venture up the beanstalk again but I would bring my brother, Lawson, with me to keep me safe.

Author Zack wrote:

This is the next generation of trees, it is a ..... beanstalk. This is how I get the beanstalk, I clap my hands twice at midnight. When it had finished growing I snuck away from Mum and I climbed up it. There were elephants made out of watermelons and hippos made out of potatoes and birds made out of bananas. There was also a gigantic ogre. He didn't like food. He had rotten teeth and a humongous wart on his nose and he had a big voice. I was scared of him. I was so scared that I climbed down the beanstalk. Then I chopped it down. It flung the giant across the world. Mum and I sprinted away from the beanstalk stump. We used the golden eggs to buy another house far away from the beanstalk stump. Mum and I lived happily every after and we were rich for years and years but we still came to Parkvale School because we still loved it!!

Author Ayden wrote:

In the middle of the night my beanstalk grew. In the morning I climbed up it. Suddenly, I saw a humongous giant castle. I saw an old hairy lady. I snuck behind a dirty pot. The old lady brought in the sausages. Suddenly, I heard a big FE FI FO FUM I smell the blood of a Maori boy. I stayed behind the pot until he started to snore. I stole some of his gold. Suddenly, he woke up and he started to chase me. I said to Mum, "Get me the axe to chop the beanstalk off." The beanstalk snapped and the giant went flying over the giant mountains. He went SPLAT on his face. He was never seen again. I sprinted away until we were safe at home. I hid the golden eggs in my sleeping case to keep them safe. I wonder if it will grow again?

Author Karamea wrote:

In my bedroom I have a bean and it grows in a ginormous pot. I was waiting and waiting on the side of my bed when suddenly KABOOM! a ginormous beanstalk shot up into the light blue sky. It gave me a big! big! fright. Bravely, I decided to climb the beanstalk. It was still growing. It was twisting and twirling like a ballerina. I looked down at my brother and I got a fright. I nearly fell down because he was as tiny as a little dot. Suddenly, I heard a ginormous giant stomping. I wanted to go home to my mummy but I thought about it. I thought that I would keep on going. I did not know I was already at the top. I saw some fluffy claws. I jumped off the beanstalk and I landed on the fluffy claws. I started to play about on the fluffy claws. I was having so much fun. Suddenly, a humongous shadow appeared behind me. I did not know that is was behind me then I got a fright. I looked behind me and I screamed. The giant had smelly breath and big sharp claws......







4 comments:

  1. What a great story Dom! Luckily you can run as fast as a motorbike, otherwise things could have got a little bit scary for you! Honeyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great fantastic story Cushla. So well written it was like we were there. I was on the edge of my seat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!!!!!what fab stories you guys are writing in Rm 14

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stories Room 14!! I love the wow words you used. I was able to get a really good picture in my head of what was happening by reading your great stories!! That ogre with the wart sounds pretty scary!!

    ReplyDelete