Monday, August 11, 2014

Have You Filled A Bucket Today?


We read the book called Have You Filled a Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud. It is a story about being kind and caring towards others and how that makes everyone feel happy. Today, we wrote about a time when we have filled someone's bucket.

Check out what these authors wrote:

Author Cahlia wrote:
On Sunday, I went to my Grandma’s house. When I was there I helped paint the doors. My mum felt happy and I filled Mum’s bucket and I was proud of myself and it filled my own bucket.

Author Dom wrote:
On Sunday, I filled Ryan’s bucket because I made him a card that said Happy Birthday. When I gave him the card he felt happy because he smiled. I felt happy too.

Author Ekrose wrote:
On Sunday, I filled my mum’s bucket because I spent some time with her and we went shopping. She felt happy because she got to spend some time with me too.

Author Ethan wrote:
Before school, I filled Caitlin and Rebekah’s buckets because I shared my cars with them. I felt happy because I was sharing. Caitlin and Rebekah smiled too.

Author Balin wrote:
Last Mothers’ Day I filled my mum’s bucket by giving her a foot massage and rubbing some cream on her feet. It made her feel relaxed and happy and it made me feel helpful when I saw her smile.

Author Cloe wrote:
Yesterday, I filled my sister’s bucket because I gave her a gumball and after I gave her a gumball she said, “Do you want to go on my computer?” And I said, “yes” and that filled my bucket. She was really happy and then she said, “You can stay on the computer as long as you want,” and so I stayed on the computer all day. I knew how Sapphire felt because she smiled at me and I knew that I had filled her bucket. I felt happy too.

Author Harlem wrote:
In the weekend, on Sunday, I filled my mums bucket up doing the lawns so she could look after Eva. I saw her doing the lawns so I said, “Can I do the lawns, Mum?” “Yes,” said Mum with a smile on her face.

Author Jordan wrote:
On Sunday I filled my dad’s bucket by helping him stain some wood for a new veranda. We worked together to stain the wood. We had to stain the wood with a big paint brush. I stained the wood, it was fun. We had to do big strokes instead of little strokes because it will not paint much and if we did scribbles it will look like a baby was scribbling with the stain.

Rebekah wrote:
After school on Monday, last week, I filled my mum and dad’s buckets when I washed their sparkly red and yellow car. When my mum and dad had a date, Mum went to the car and said, “Oh, goody good, now my job is complete. You have really filled my bucket!”





2 comments:

  1. well done Rebekah! I really liked your story

    From Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Fab stories Rm 14 are writing. Rebekah you make me smile and fill my bucket every day. :-)

    ReplyDelete