Thursday, June 12, 2014

Writing Persuasively

WALT write persuasively. We know that persuade means to try and make someone agree with you.

We know that persuasive writing
·       Tries to make people feel the same way you do about the topic
·       Tells your opinion (I think…)
·       Has a topic sentence that states your opinion
·       Gives facts and examples to support your opinion                                                                               (My first reason is …..)
·       Has a conclusion that restates your opinion (You will….)

In maths we asked a question, ‘What is our favourite pet in Room 14?’  We made graphs to display the data. We decided to write about the pets we really want too. Check out what these clever authors wrote:

Author Hannah wrote:
Guinea pigs make great pets because they are like little lawnmowers. Second, you can throw food scraps into their run and they will nibble it all up and you will have less rubbish to put at the gate. Third, you don’t need to spend much money to buy some food for them because they only eat pellets from the supermarket and food scraps. Lastly, they are easy to move around when they have nibbled their grass up because they are only small. I think you would LOVE a great guinea pig.

Author Zack wrote:

Puppies make great pets and here are some reasons why. First, puppies have soft, fluffy, cuddly fur. Second, they are so easy to train, sometimes. Third, it will annoy Max, haha. If you buy me a puppy Mum I will start sleeping in my own bed and it will help me go to sleep easier. I promise.

Author Jack wrote:

A puppy is the best pet to have. If you get me a puppy I will do the washing for a year. Puppies can keep you safe because they can catch robbers. I will take my puppy for a walk. Second, they can snuggle with you in bed. They are easy to train. Lastly, I would teach my mummy to look into a beagles eyes so we could take it home. You would like a puppy too.

4 comments:

  1. Hannah and Zack you are very persuasive! It makes me think I want another dog and a guinea pig. Awesome writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted a puppy Zack (and so does Jack). You both have some fabulous reasons in your stories. I love the persuasiveness of your writing Zack - especially the last part! P.S I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very persuasive Jack...It would be really fantastic to have you doing all the washing for the year...Great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That marble art looks really cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete